Sprouted Grain bread
1/2 banana, sliced
honey or 100% maple syrup
greek yogourt (I like fruit varieties for French Toast)
3/4 cup (ish) vanilla almond milk OR regular milk (if so, add a 1/2 tsp vanilla)
cinnamon & nutmeg
serve with: fresh fruit & a beverage
1. Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat.
2. For batter, crack eggs and add almond milk and a dash of cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk well, with a fork.
3. Pour batter into a shallow dish, and soak each slice of bread in it till they’re sodden.
4. Pour a little canola oil in the pan. Flick a drop of batter in the pan – if it sizzles immediately, but does not burn, the pan is hot enough. Adjust your heat if you need to.
5. Place battered bread in the pan. Cook each side till golden brown. Bread should feel firm when it’s done.
6. Serve with sliced banana (or berries!) and some dollops of greek yogourt. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup, and another dash of cinnamon.
Protein: About 22 g
Cost: PC Greek yogourt $3.99, otherwise super cheap.
Time: < 15 min