Eggs and toast are one of my favourite breakfasts. High protein, satisfying, and so many variations.
3 eggs (2 scrambled eggs always looks so small…)
2 slices SG bread, toasted
olive oil for pan
splash of milk or water
seasoning (This time, Roasted Garlic & Red Peppers, basil, black pepper & a TINY bit of salt)
serve with: tea or fruit juice
1. Heat a frying pan on low-medium heat. Do NOT put the eggs in until it’s hot, or they’ll stick.
2. Crack eggs into a bowl. Dash each seasoning into the bowl. Then whisk them up with a fork. Careful: too much whisking makes flat eggs, so keep it under 10 seconds. I put a TINY bit of salt in scrambled eggs. I use minimal salt in my recipes – if any. Get healthy flavour from black pepper and other herbs.
3. Pour a little olive oil into the pan. The pan’s hot enough when the oil runs like water in the pan.
4. Toast your bread (right before doing eggs so they’ll be done at the same time!)
5. Pour eggs in the pan. Use a flat-ended spatula to separate cooked egg from the bottom of the pan. I do this in layers, fully separating the eggs from the bottom of the pan every 5 seconds or so. The eggs will be done in 1-2 minutes.
6. Lightly butter your toast (I use margarine) and serve w eggs.
Protein: 27 g
Cost: Super cheap.
Time: < 5 min